NCSD Summer Programs
There has been widespread support to continue funding summer learning in 2023 and the governor’s proposed budget does include $50 million for this purpose. However, the Oregon Department of Education (ODE) told school districts last week that the state legislature is not likely to approve that funding in time for districts to plan and implement programs for this summer.
This means that we must move forward with a reduced summer learning plan using the funding that we currently have available.
Regardless of additional investment, we are committed to offering the following programs this summer:
- High school summer school (credit recovery courses)
- Middle school summer learning camps that blend academic support and enrichment options
- Title I Elementary Summer School
- 21st Century summer programming
- Elementary CARE programs, funded by parent fees with limited scholarships available
- Elementary Summer Art Academy, funded by parent fees with limited scholarships available
Middle School Enrichment
More information coming soon.
Summer Art Academy
July 5-7 & July 10-14
9am - 11:30am
Mt Scott Elementary
If you have 2 or more children or in need of a scholarship contact the firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact: NCSD office, Laura Gumbert 503-353-6040Or send an email to